- Getting stuff done! The Paper From Hell might actually be almost complete. I’m starting to feel a bit less like Hercules fighting the Hydra and a bit more like an ordinary person stamping out sparks from a campfire.
- Positive feedback loop. Productivity → motivation → more productivity.
- Not hating work, at least temporarily. I still don’t love my field of study – I don’t think it’s cool or fun or anything like some of my fellow graduate students – but I can ma-a-a-y-be think about my little tiny sliver of it without cringing.
- Increased caffeine consumption. This is relative: my vices of choice are tea and Diet Coke, so my daily caffeine intake remains less than your average cup of coffee. Still, I don’t like the feeling of becoming more and more dependent.
- Less time to blog. Self-explanatory.
- More stuff running through my head. There’s a fine line between motivation and obsession and I’ve never been very good at staying on the right side. I pay the price in troubled dreams and bouts of morning anxiety.